Ballroom dance classes in Toronto
Join our Ballroom Dance Classes Toronto now!
Always wanted to try? Choose
Beginners – General 101 – 102 – 103
Couples save $50*
No previous experience necessary.
Have previous experience?
Try our Ballroom Club
Couples save $30*
360 Windermere Ave, Toronto
( * – as compared to regular price calculated with HST)
Why Couple dancing class in Toronto?
Only Ballroom dancing treats the floor space so extravagantly and possessively. During our classes you’ll have a chance to try your best in flowy Waltzes, Smooth Foxtrot, dramatic Tangos, and the whole repertoire of Latin and Swing family including Rumba, Chacha, Samba, Jive and East Coast Swing
Why Our Classes ?
You’ll always jump higher with someone’s perfectly timed boost.
It needs to be timed right though… That is what good Leading is about.
The ability to use this help to the fullest is what good Following is about.
To move dynamically on your own, you have no choice but to use your own body only. With a partner you can use one another in a controlled counter-balance to change the rules of the game.
We will show you how to dance the way we like to dance: with comfort and connection, and softness, and ease, without tension, and strained knees, avoiding torn shoulders and aching backs, we will make it look natural and dynamic.
It works for us. We find it comfortable, and yet playful and snappy. No artificial posing – just good flow and good rhythm, and good energy back and forth.
You will learn in details all the ins and outs of leading and following for every pattern and combination, and with that you’ll learn how to control your balance and flow and look great and feel great on the dance floor.
Still not convinced Ballroom Dancing could be for you?
What is so special about Ballroom style of dancing? Well… See for yourself: Check out those incredible dances – do they ever FLOW!
REGISTER HERE for the course using the form below OR Call us at: 647-937-9378
Witch level of our Ballroom Dance Classes Toronto would fit your experience?
At this moment for those interested in perusing ballroom dancing in either International or American styles we offer private instruction at various time slots throughout the day on weekdays as well as on weekends.
Joining: Before showing up for the first time be sure to contact us.
We wouldn’t want you traveling all the way down for nothing just in case there is an unscheduled cancellation.
Novice: If you are interested in getting started please let us know by contacting us so we can put you on a list.
All other classes: providing your level of dancing is compatible with the level of a class you are interested in, you can join at any time. Please note: if you would like to attend without a partner there might be a delay in getting you enrolled: we are trying to have an equal number of women and men in each class and typically there is a shortage of man.
For prices please click on the “Cost / Payment Options” link in the main menu or click HERE
- Unless you are preparing a dance show, wedding dance or getting ready for a competition – we do not teach choreography or routines by heart.
- The basis for couple dancing movement and dynamic flow is leading and following.
- Leading and following does not mean one person has control over the other. Its more like when watching ice skating couples do dance routines: its the guy who – by providing the necessary power – helps the gal do the Quadruple Toeloop while flying 20 meters through the air. It never happens the other way around, although it could, and one needs both partners involved in getting the “quadruple thing” happen. Mind you it’s “him” who does the “throwing” (leading), and she’s the one “flying through the air” (following).
- For Social dancing our approach is practical, meaning we choose dance syllabus from both International and American styles, and teach to intertwine them based on leading and following and their applicability to social context. Both styles have great things to offer, it’s much better to use the best parts of both, rather then get yourself confound to only one or the other.
- For competitive purposes we focus on technical correctness, balanced learning, and safety, especially when teaching kids.
Ballroom Dance Classes Toronto – American Social
The difference between American Social and International style of dancing come from different origins of each style of dancing.
International style has always been more oriented on competitive performance with learning of routines at the core of the teaching process. It is strongly routed in training of young dancers and by natural extension it is successful young competitors that become teachers. Hence the style feedbacks upon itself the ideals of competitive dancing with both their good and bad aspects.
American Social style has always been a tool of teaching adults how to have fun during social interaction at a “night out”. Hence its focus on greater simplicity of individual syllabus, attention to leading and following rather then learning routines by heart.
The two categories have a slightly different repertoire of core dances set for competitive achievement, however from the laymen’s perspective those differences are in general not noticeable
For those already dancing, the International style seems to be the less approachable since it has – by its competitive associations – more stringent outlines, syllabus of greater technical difficulty level, as well as more demanding musical / rhythmic requirements.
It is very important to note that in order to excel in either style of dancing, identical capabilities have to be developed during the learning process, and as it usually happens with many historically routed divisions, over decades differences tend to fade. What’s left has to pass the test of relevancy. And what’s most relevant in dancing? They are its social context and artistic expression. In those two one should seek the common threads between different styles of dancing, as well as regional variations.
See more: Ballroom Dance Classes Toronto